We offer you excellent training with individual support
As an apprentice, you will receive excellent training with us that goes far beyond the actual job description. We attach particular importance to promoting social skills. You work in a team with great colleagues and quickly have the opportunity to put into practice what you have learned.
Wiener Linien trains around 300 apprentices every year. The fact that over 90 percent of our apprentices are happy to stay with us after completing their apprenticeship and take advantage of the internal opportunities for development shows just how much they value their training.
The seal says that Wiener Linien has been awarded for the quality of its apprenticeship training.
Find your dream job here:
Trial internship: see for yourself.
Come for a trial and get some advice.
Are you interested in an apprenticeship at Wiener Linien but you are not sure if it is the right thing for you? A trial day is a great way for you to find out. It includes being taken on a guided tour of our central main workshop in Simmering, giving you the opportunity to fashion try out something yourself in your chosen apprenticeship and enabling you to talk to our apprentices and get some advice. Those who do particularly well during the trial day will receive a gold ticket, which guarantees an apprenticeship if they apply within two weeks.
- Who can attend? Students from the ninth grade onwards can do a trial internship.
- Duration: A trial internship lasts at least two days. Exactly how long depends on the respective apprenticeship.
- Registration: Would you like to sign up for a trial internship? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which apprenticeship you would like to try out.
School trips to our main workshop in Simmering
Are you a teacher and would like to take a look behind the scenes of Vienna’s public transport system with your pupils? Then come to our main workshop in Simmering. It is a small city within the city: All the workshops we need to service and maintain our vehicles can be found here over an area the size of twelve football fields. Our apprentice workshop is also located here, where around 300 apprentices receive excellent training every year.
During a guided tour, your pupils can look over the shoulders of our colleagues as they work on a tram. And in the apprentice workshop, they can see what tasks our apprentices can already do by themselves and find out what career opportunities are available in mechanical, electrical and electromechanical professions at Wiener Linien.
- Participation is only possible with registration and confirmation of booking. Register with Nicole Kaiser, telephone +43 1 7909 54003, e-mail email@example.com
- Who can attend? Eighth and ninth grade pupils can participate in guided tours for schools.
- When do the tours take place: Thursday mornings, start 9.00 am The tour lasts about two hours. A maximum of 25 people per group.
- Where: Central main workshop of Wiener Linien, Awarenstraße 2 (porter’s entrance), 1110 Vienna