City Airport Train
In order order to make your stay in Vienna as pleasant as possible, we would like to offer - in cooperation with the City Airport Train (CAT) - the following offer for transfer from the airport Vienna/Schwechat directly to Vienna and back.
CAT (City Airport Train)
- Valid exclusively on the CAT
- Valid for selected day and direction
- Valid for one-way or return ticket
- Valid between the airport Wien/Schwechat and the mainline station Wien Mitte
- Ticket purchase is only possible in combination with a Wiener Linien online ticket
- Children up to 14 years of age always travel without a ticket for free
- Other tariffs and special offers are only directly bookable with the CAT
- Valid in accordance with the tariff and transport conditions of the CAT
- Special terms and conditions for use
First train to Vienna departs at 06:05 / Last train to the airport Vienna departs at 00:05 (every half hour). The travel time to Wien/Mitte amounts about 16 minutes. The exact departure times will be found in the timetable information.
Please note that there is no refund for unused or partly used tickets.
ÖBB tickets to the airport Vienna
Due to the replacement of the old VOR-tariff-system with a newer version on July 6th 2016 it will no longer be possible to buy tickets for the ÖBB-transfer to Vienna Airport in combination with Online-Shop-tickets.
We kindly ask you to buy your tickets to Vienna airport at either the Wiener Linien-ticketstores or the ticket vending machines. It is also possible to buy a ticket at the OEBB-ticketstores or ticket vending machines.
Tickets for students
Semester passes and summer holiday monthly passes are also available online
It has finally been possible to launch this service, which can be used at any time from your own PC, by implementing several interfaces and collaborating with the Federal Ministry for Education, Art and Culture (BMUKK), the Federal Ministry for Science and Research (BMWF), the Federal Electronic Data Processing Centre (Bundesrechenzentrum), the Graz University of Technology and the respective study institutions:
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU service link to students register)
- Vienna University of Technology
- Vienna University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- University of Vienna
- Medical University of Vienna
- Sigmund Freud Private University (SFU)
- University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- University of Education Vienna
- University of Education Lower Austria
- University of Education Burgenland
- University of Religious Education Vienna/Krems
- University of Agricultural and Environmental Education Vienna
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
- University of Applied Arts Vienna
- Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- Private University of Music and Art City of Vienna
- UAS Vienna degree courses from the Vienna Economic Chamber
- UAS of BFI Vienna
- UAS CAMPUS Vienna
- UAS Technikum Wien
How is the online check performed?
As the semester passes are subsidised by the City of Vienna and the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT), certain criteria must be fulfilled in order to be entitled to obtain one. This is why the documents/information required to determine entitlement are also checked when purchasing a pass online. The check is only performed once you have given your express consent to have your details compared online with the information provided by you to the course admissions office. During this check, which is carried out using secure SSL encryption, we are not sent any information by BMUKK, BMWF or the university. All that happens is that the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information requested is verified. Only once the details have been confirmed as correct can the semester pass be purchased online.
At the time of ordering, the student needs to already be enrolled at the university for the selected semester and the details provided for the check (enrolment number, first name, last name, date of birth, post code and town/city) must be identical to the details provided in the online shop. Please also pay attention to spelling e.g. ‘Ä’ = ‘AE’ or ‘ß’ = ‘SS’ as well as in case of double names with or without a hyphen (try both options if necessary) and ensure that only numbers are entered for the enrolment number (without ‘h’, ‘a’, etc.). This is except for the Konservatorium Vienna and the UAS Vienna, which have enrolment numbers consisting of a combination of numbers and letters. The required student status only exists if the Austrian Students Association (ÖH) fee or any tuition fees have also been paid and received by the university (plan two to three banking days here).
that it is only possible to verify the details, and thus purchase the pass, on the day after enrolment due to the need for data to be synchronised between the universities (University of Vienna, Technical University, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, the Medical University, the University of Performing Arts, University of Education Vienna, University of Education Lower Austria, University of Religious Education Vienna/Krems, University of Agricultural Education, University of Education Burgenland) and the Federal Electronic Data Processing Centre (Bundesrechenzentrum).
How is payment made?
Payment can be made both by credit card (Visa/card complete, Mastercard/PayLife, American Express, Diners Club/AirPlus, PayPal, Paybox), as well as by eps online banking.
Other important remarks:
The university student passes are valid for ordinary students enrolled on a course of study pursuant to Sec. 3 of the law on subsidising studies (Studienförderungsgesetz – StudFG) for the respective semester (as of the end of the semester on 31 January or 30 June).
The respective acceptance criteria must also be met at the time of purchasing the ticket. In the event of incorrect details leading to the unauthorised purchase of a semester pass, Wiener Linien retains the right not only to demand the return of the pass but also, explicitly, to resort to other legal steps. In the event of a retrospective check, evidence of being in receipt of child benefit must be provided, as well as an original confirmation of domicile.
The security technology "Verified by VISA" ensures that paying for your purchases on the Internet is safe. All you need to do is register once.
MasterCard SecureCode is a security technology that ensures a secure payment for your purchases on the Internet. All you need to do is register once.
American Express SafeKey® is a free online authentication service that provides an additional layer of security against theft and fraud when buying goods and services online. You are automatically enrolled for American Express SafeKey.
Diners Club cardholders can quickly and easily buy their tickets.
This is how PayPal works:
PayPal is the online payment service allowing you to pay securely, easily and quickly in online shops - all at no cost.
- Secure: Your bank or credit cards details are only recorded with PayPal. For this reason, they will not be re-transmitted via the Internet with every online purchase.
- Simple: You pay with two clicks. This is because you access your bank or credit card details recorded with PayPal, instead of re-entering them with every purchase.
- Fast: PayPal payments are received quickly. This enables the vendor to forward the merchandise instantly, and you typically receive it faster.
Registering and using PayPal instantly:
- Open a PayPal Account
- Link your bank account or your credit card to your PayPal account.This is how quickly you are ready to pay with PayPal.
- This is how quickly you are ready to pay with PayPal.