Vienna Ring Tram
The Vienna Ring: highlights on a shoestring
The Vienna Ring is an Austrian World Heritage Site. The majestic boulevard was laid out in the mid-19th century around the centre of the city, replacing the old city wall and the glacis.
Ornate buildings such as the state opera, parliament buildings, city hall, Burgtheater, stock exchange and numerous palaces were erected along the resulting boulevard.
Information in 8 languages
All of these sights can be viewed from the Vienna Ring Tram, irrespective of the weather. Hop on board and enjoy our integrated multimedia system, which provides explanations in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, Russian and Japanese. A version in Viennese dialect, spoken by a well-known Viennese actor, is also available.
The following ticket options are available:
- Vienna Ring Tram Single ticket adult € 10,-
- Vienna Ring Tram Single ticket child (under 15 years) € 5,-
- Children under the age of 3 free (if no extra seat is needed)
- Combo ticket adult Vienna Ring Tram + 24 hours HOP ON HOP OFF with Vienna Sightseeing Tours, all lines + guided walking tour € 30,-
- Combo ticket child (from 3 to 14 years) Vienna Ring Tram + 24 hours HOP ON HOP OFF with Vienna Sightseeing Tours, all lines + guided walking tour € 21,-
Buy your tickets:
- at the Vienna Sightseeing Tours Customer Service Center at the Vienna State Opera
- directly at a member of staff (in yellow) at the tram stop Schwedenplatz
Tickets and travel cards issued by Wiener Linien are not valid.
VIENNA SIGHTSEEING Customer Service Center
Opernpassage, Top 3
1010 Vienna, Austria
Mon - Sat 9:30 - 18:00
Sun & Public Holidays 9:30 - 15:00
Mon - Sat 10:00 - 17:00
Sun & Public Holidays 10:00 - 15:00
Also, a single ride with the Vienna Ring Tram is included in the Vienna PASS, the all-inclusive sightseeing pass for Vienna. All information on the Vienna PASS is available here.
The Vienna Ring Tram is also available with your Flexi PASS and will count as one sight.
Starting and ending at the departure point at Schwedenplatz, the Vienna Ring Tram circles the ring at 30-minute intervals each day from 10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. The final circuit starts at 5.30 p.m.
|First circuit:||10 am|
|From 10 am to 5:30 pm:||every 30 minutes|
|Last circuit:||5:30 pm|
Special operating times
On June 15th, 2019, the Ring is closed for the EuroPride parade. The Vienna Ring Tram cannot operate on this day.
Map: platform C, Schwedenplatz
Boarding: start and stop of the tour
You can board the Vienna Ring Tram on Schwedenplatz, at platform C. This is also where the tour ends.