Explore the history of public transport in Vienna in a multimedia exhibition.
150 years of public transport history in a state-of-the-art setting
Remise—Wiener Linien’s transport museum—is located in the halls of the former Erdberg depot. Visitors can look forward to seeing one of the largest collections of historical vehicles in Europe in a modern museum which provides an interactive experience. Theme islands have been created for the underground trains, buses and trams of bygone days.
Embark on a journey through Vienna's public transport history with text, pictures, multimedia content and games. It's all there: from the horse-drawn tramway and the famous post-war ‘American’ to underground construction, the silver arrow and a look at the future of public transport.
Children and families are highly welcome and will find a range of attractions—from the underground simulator to playfully constructed stories.
The museum and the shop are open all year round on these days.
- Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Last entry at 5:30 pm
- Monday, Tuesday: 9 am to 3 pm
- Thursday, Friday: 9 am to 3 pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
Special opening times 2017
|20 September||closed for private event||open 10am to 6pm|
|27 September||closed for private event||open 10am to 6pm|
|7 and 8 October||closed for private event||open 10am to 6pm|
|11 October||closed for private event||open 9am to 6pm|
|26 October||National holiday||closed||closed|
|1 November||Public holiday||open 10am to 6pm|
|8 December||Public holiday||closed||closed|
|24 December||Christmas Eve||open 10am to 2pm|
|25 December||Public holiday||closed||closed|
|26 December||Public holiday||closed||closed|
|31 December||New Year's Eve||closed||closed|
|Adults||EUR 8.00||Buy ticket online|
|Young people ages 15-18||EUR 6.00||Buy ticket online|
|Children aged 15 or younger||Free admittance|
|Adults||EUR 7.00||Buy ticket online|
|Young people ages 15-18||EUR 5.00||Buy ticket online|
Reduction for holders of a Vienna pass (Wien Karte), a Wiener Linien annual ticket, valid Wiener Linien employee ID, senior citizens with ID and people performing national service (19-27 years old with ID), as well as for people with a valid disabled badge.
|10 to 25 people aged 15 or over||EUR 4.00 per person|
Members of the press and photographers looking to visit the exhibition as part of a report or article are kindly requested to contact us as follows:
- Phone: +43 (01) 7909 14203
- Email: email@example.com
We gladly guide your group through the exhibition. Please register by phone or email.
- We accept up to 25 persons per tour.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Monday to Friday 9 am – 2 pm • Saturday, Sunday 10 am – 4:30 pm • Other days or times may be arranged by appointment.
- Fee: EUR 75.00 lump sum per tour plus EUR 3.00 per person
Special offer for school groups
School groups (children aged 6 to 15) accompanied by two adults pay a lump sum of EUR 40.00.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +43 (01) 7909 46803
- Guided tours are by appointment only.
- For guided tours no reductions are applicable (e.g., Niederösterreich Card, Vienna Pass, Kulturpass).
The Vienna Transport Museum Remise is located at:
Ludwig-Koessler-Platz, 1030 Vienna
Phone: +43 (01) 7909 46803
You can reach it with the following lines:
- U3 (Schlachthausgasse station)
- Tram line 18 (Schlachthausgasse stop)
- Bus 77A (Ludwig-Koessler-Platz stop)
- Bus 80A (Ludwig-Koessler-Platz stop)
Location of the Transport Museum