One month of unlimited travel on all lines.
You or your loved ones can travel on any line as often as you want.
When is the monthly pass valid?
The monthly pass is valid from the first day of a calendar month (12:00 am, midnight) until the second day of the following month (11:59 pm, one minute before midnight). If, for example, you buy a monthly pass for September, you can also use public transport on 2 October until 11:59 pm.
People in possession of a mobility pass from the City of Vienna may purchase a reduced-fare monthly pass.
Where is the monthly pass valid?
The monthly pass is valid for an unlimited number of journeys on all means of public transport within Vienna (core zone of Vienna). Trains operated by ÖBB (e.g. suburban trains) and services operated by WLB (as far as Vösendorf-Siebenhirten) may also be used within the core zone of Vienna; special rapid bus lines are excluded.
Transferable / non-transferable?
- Monthly passes issued in a paper format from a ticket machine or at a ticket and information office are transferable. They may be used by as many different people as desired.
- However, monthly passes that are purchased in the online ticket shop or using Wiener Linien’s ticket app are not transferable. They are always valid for a specific person.
Where can I buy the monthly pass?
You can buy a monthly pass here:
- Online ticket shop. Please note: Monthly passes bought in the online ticket shop or using the ticket app are not transferable.
- Any ticket and information office and at Wiener Linien’s customer service centre
- Railway ticket offices in the Verkehrsverbund Ost-Region (VOR)
- Ticket machines
- Tobacconists in Vienna
- You can also buy the monthly pass using the WienMobil app or the Wiener Linien ticket app. You can download the app for iOS or Android here. The ticket is displayed in the app and cannot be printed out.
Where can the monthly pass for mobility pass holders be purchased?
A reduced-fare monthly pass can be purchased at the following places:
- Any ticket or information office and at Wiener Linien’s customer service centre.
- Railway ticket offices in the Verkehrsverbund Ost-Region (VOR).
- A mobility pass issued by the City of Vienna is required to be able to use this fare.