For visitors to Vienna
Vienna offers something for everyone – you are always at the heart of the city with the right ticket.
Our ticket offer for visitors to Vienna
Regardless of how long you are in Vienna and how often you travel on public transport, we have the right ticket for you. You can find a brief overview of these here.
- Single tickets are valid for one journey in one direction from the time of validation. You may change services as often as you like, but you may not interrupt the journey. Single tickets – or single tickets in the form of ticket strips – are also available at a reduced price.
- Those who decide to take a ticket for 24, 48 or 72 hours in Vienna, is able to use Vienna’s public transport network for exactly 24, 48 or 72 hours after validating their ticket.
- With the Vienna Card, you can travel around the city for 24, 48 or 72 hours as much as you want. The ticket is valid from the time it is validated and can be used on all means of public transport in Vienna and for an unlimited number of journeys. One child under the age of 15 may travel with you free of charge. Moreover, the Vienna ticket enables admission at a reduced price to various museums, as well as discounts in selected restaurants and shops. You can find more information about this at wien.info.
- Seven days, seven nights: With the weekly pass, you can travel throughout Vienna for seven full days, i.e. a calendar week. The weekly ticket is transferable, which means that other visitors may also use the ticket. Please note: A weekly ticket is valid from Monday 12:00 am (midnight) until Monday 9:00 am.
- People who visit Vienna regularly and would always like to be well prepared: The eight-day climate ticket is valid on any eight individual days – the days do not need to be consecutive. Once a strip has been validated, the ticket is valid within Vienna until 1:00 am the following day. The eight-day climate ticket is, however, also suitable for groups of up to a maximum of eight people. Simply validate one strip per person.
Sightseeing on track: once around the Ring road
With the Vienna Ring Tram, you can travel around the historical heart of Vienna and thus a large part of the city centre. During the journey, you are accompanied by an audio guide that provides you with interesting information and entertaining facts about what you can see.
Not only are explanations of the sights available in German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Russian and Japanese, but also in Viennese: actor Karl Merkatz has recorded the original text adapted by the author Ernst Hinterberger in the style of a well-known Viennese TV character, Mundl.
A separate children’s audio programme is also available: actor and children’s author Erich Schleyer accompanies the young passengers on the trip via their headphones, explaining in a child-friendly way everything that can be seen.
The ring road and its sights make visitors curious to discover more of Vienna. The round trips leave every thirty minutes (on the hour and at half past) from Schwedenplatz (10:00 am to 5:30 pm). Children up to the age of 15 travel at a reduced fare.
You can buy your ticket directly in the Vienna Ring Tram. More information